Phew!!! I am in a tizzy right now since February is a personally important Month. Hubby’s birthday was celebrated very simply yesterday. The day started with a Traditional North Indian Breakfast of Halwa/Puri/Aloo ki Sabji, went onto a simple lunch spread of Coconut Milk Pulav,Raita and Instant Mango Pickle and finished off with an Italian Dinner of warm Bread Rolls with Basil Pesto and Penne Arabiatta.
Hubby isnt too fond of chocolate so made a Lemon and Black Dried Raisins Cake that I took from my dear Friend Arundati’s Blog “Escapades” that I iced with Store Bought Betty Crocker Lemon Icing.
All in All a good way to celebrate a Birthday!! Wish Hubby had been in better health(Throat Infection and Fever 😦 )
Having said that Lemme Share the Recipe for the Lemon and Black Dried Raisins Cake:
Powedered Sugar-1 Cup
Black Dried Raisins-6 Tbspns
Skimmed Milk-2 Cups
Melted Nutralite-6 Tbspns
Grated Lemon Rind-4 tspns
- Preheat oven to 200 C for 10 minutes
- Combine the dry ingredients and form a Well in a big bowl
- Beat the eggs,Melted Nutralite,Milk and Lemon Rind with a beater.
- Fold in the Liquid into the dry ingredients gently.
- Do Not Over beat!!
- Pour batter into two 8″ pans and place in the middle rack of the oven for 30-35 minutes or till a tooth pick comes out clean from the middle part of the cakes.
- Let the cakes stand for 10 minutes and then turn them over onto a wire rack to cool completely before Icing.
I iced only one cake as the other was devuored before it cooled 🙂 Don’t you just love that for proof that you have baked to perfection!!! Thanks Aru :-)…
This is the first part of Project Birthday…the main day is yet to come and that is my first born’s Big Day!! She has requested that I keep it simple, ONLY a Visit to the MALL,A store bought Rocky Road Cake in the morning, A Pink Princess Castle Cake for the Birthday Party in the evening with lots of other kiddie snacks Thrown in for good Measure..and loads of other surprises.
Phew once again!!! Don’t I love being a Mother!! read on…